Olympus SH-2: Point And Shoot With Retro PEN StylingEditor - 11th March 2015
Olympus may only have launched its PEN-style SH-1 compact camera less that a year ago, but already the company has replaced it with a successor: the SH-2.
The new camera has the same retro look, with metal and leather casing, but it comes with a number of light improvements: namely RAW support, more movie modes (night-scape and time-lapse) and a new ‘live composite’ feature for long exposure techniques.
Olympus said: “Unexpected moments make fantastic photos, but they mostly don’t happen in perfect light and you can’t put happy children on hold while you try to steady your camera. Which is why Olympus gave the new Stylus SH-2 the high-end technology it takes to record videos and still photos on the fly – quickly, easily and even in the dark.”
The company has also made clear that users can expect better quality than they’d get on a smartphone, ‘without requiring even a hint of photographic expertise’.
The SH-2 certainly exceeds the capabilities of smartphones currently on the market with its 25x optical zoom, and the 5-axis Image Stabilisation technology that attracted buyers to the SH-1 puts it firmly in the premium compact zone.
Like its predecessor, it has WiFi connectivity so the camera an work in tandem with a smartphone, rather than competing with it.
Other key selling points include:
– Four movie functions:120/240 fps high-speed Movie, Photo & Movie Capture, Time Lapse/Night Scene Time Lapse Movie and Full HD 30p/60p Movie.
– Photo Story software for capturing, storing and sharing memories in a creative, collage-like layout.
– 16MP backlit CMOS
– 3″ 460,000 dot LCD
– Art filters
Availability: Mid-March 2015
– Genuine leather protective body jacket CSCH-120 – With a luxurious, fashionable look that improves camera grip. Exclusive to the SH-2.
– Premium leather case – for a stylish and comfortable way to carry your SH-2.
– Genuine leather hand strap CSS-S110LS – For an elegant, coordinated look.