New Sony Premium CamerasEditor - 26th June 2015
Sony has announced three new models for the discerning photographer, the A7R II,and RX100IV.
The A7R II has evolved from the popular A7 series but adds a few extra features including:
- The latest 42.4 megapixel ‘Exmor’ back-illuminated CMOS sensor,
- Bionz X processor
- In-built 5-axis (up to 4.5 stop) image stabilisation system.
- XGA OLED Trufinder, a 1229K-dot 3.0″ LCD
- 4K movie recording and an array of manual modes
The Sony A7R II utilises the growing range of full frame E mount lenses from Sony and Zeiss. and the RX10 II ad RX100IV are new too!
The new premium compact cameras have a new 20.4 megapixel stack 1″ Exmor R sensor plus more new features including:
- 2.35million-dot XGA OLED Trufinder
- High resolution articulated LCD
- Superior 4K movie output and 40x slow motion shooting.
- The RX10 II has a 24-200mm Zeiss T lens
- The RX100 IV has a 24-70 Zeiss T lens.
By early 2016, Sony will add an additional 8 new lenses to its FE full frame lineup, bringing the FE total to 20 lenses and the overall alpha-mount assortment to 70 different models.
The A7R11 is due to be released in August.
Prices: Sony A7R II Body: £2599, RX10 II: £1199, RX100 IV: £849