Creative Filmmaking with Mirrorless and DSLR Cameras Masterclass with Jon ScottEditor - 5th February 2018
10.30am-4.30pm – Buffet Lunch Provided
You will not need to bring anything to this class, but feel free to bring you camera if you wish!
10.30am – Introduction and Filmmaking Basics
- Introductions inclusive of participants levels of experience.
- Kit breakdown: camera choices, lens choices, overview of grip gear & lighting.
11.30am – Visual Storytelling
- Lens selection – How to compose a shot. How a film is made: shot, sequence and scene selection.
- How to create these yourself + shooting coverage (wide, medium, close-up vs overlapping shots).
- Cinematic camera techniques; how to best use your camera to tell stories.
1pm – LUNCH
1.45pm – Cinematic Interviews
- Lighting techniques and camera setups for interviews.
- Working with non-actors; how to get the best from your subject.
- Capturing clean, quality audio.
2.45pm – Slow Motion
- How slow motion can enhance your story.
- Different types of slow motion: when and how to use it.
- Practicalities + quality of slow motion footage.
3.15pm Post Production
- The importance of good data management.
- How to approach an edit.
- Basic editing techniques.
- Scoring your film.
4.15pm – Wrap Up and Questions
4.30pm – Finish
Below are some examples of Jon Scott’s work:
Stay tuned to Pixel!